Thanks so much for the Versatile Blogger Award nod.
A couple of weeks ago my new friend Christie gave me the good news of the Versatile Blogger Award nomination. As I have said before I really enjoy these blogs as they are a way for us to show our appreciation for each others blog and point out a few good reads for our friends, making our blogging friend circle even bigger. And when I think about it, one of the most enriching parts of the human experience can be friendship.
For those of you who know me, you know I love my lists. It may be my innate desire to organize things, I’m not overly fussy, but I do enjoy a good clearing up. Now I don’t want to be one of those women who needs to compartmentalize, but for the sake of this post it may appear that I am doing just that. You see, I like themes and todays theme as it correlates to the award is blog friends. I am going to list seven blogs that I’ve loved for the last year and seven blogs that I am just finding out about.
There are two main reasons that I love these blogs. First of all is the content, the quality of the posts are just wonderful. And secondly, the blog authors themselves are just wonderful people. I can truly say that they have enriched my life in their own fantastic and unique ways. Really, this post could have started out with, “How do I love thee, let me count the ways…” So here they are in very random order.
Seven Long Time Friends:
- Beauty Reductionista – Liz is inspirational in her goal of minimizing her cosmetic inventory, a goal we both share. We can both laugh at our “dysfunction”, she honestly has such a wonderful sense of humor and I just love her writing which is mixed with personal stories that make me laugh. You know that sort of laugh where you may start to snort or even worse milk comes out your nose. Yup, I took it there.
- Ommorphia Beauty Bar – If you can imagine Liz and I in a room sitting and confessing our weakness to the beast of addiction named Beauty, the lovely composed blonde would be Eugenia. She would tell us etherial tales of her adventures in Sephora while Liz and I just stared at her lovely nails dreamily. She would show us lovely pictures and we would wonder if we should follow suit and hunt down the same glistening prey…dare we Liz, dare we?
- Skyraft – I love his writing. I just love the journey he takes you on. He’s quite talented and I always feel like I am transported to a wonderful world when I read his work. Not to mention he’s just a great guy. It’s so cool to watch his work develop and all the success that he is having and undoubtedly all the future success he will have. I cheer for you my friend, I cheer for you a lot!!!!
- Victoria-Writes – Victoria/Vicky/Vix is just such a fabulous person. She was one of the first people who I met through blogging. She’s a great gal and aspiring writer. And I am so proud of her, she’s taken her first step into personal branding, she’s got her own domain name. There will come a day when I can say I knew her when.
- Tokyo Bling – If you hadn’t noticed I love pictures. Even though I haven’t really posted many, there was a camera situation which has been remedied recently. I also have a love of Japan and hope to visit it one day soon. In the mean time I get my fix through the lovely photographs on this site. The blog author is a very nice fella and his love of Japan comes through with every photo. It makes me feel like I am there, only to be slightly disappointed when I realize I’m still in Southern California.
- Tipsy Lucy – Lucy has just the best life stories. I mean they’re so strange but in a funny way and I can completely understand where she’s coming from. They’re things that I can totally relate to and in all likelihood have had happen to me in some other shape or form. She makes me feel that there are other folks out there like me, wondering did that really just happen.
- Khanum Says – Pervisha is an utterly honest gal from Pakistan. It has been really enlightening to see things from her perspective, especially as a U.S. citizen. When I think of how different our cultures are I marvel and think it’s so interesting. Fundamentally we all want the same things, but the way we experience it is what seems to separate us. She and I have had spiritual discussions and all in a very friendly tone. We respect one another and while we value our beliefs, hearing and understanding another’s thoughts in no way diminishes our own beliefs. It can only add to the experience. I am so grateful for the opportunity to experience this friendship. Now, if only our governments could find a way to play nicely…
Seven New Friends:
- My Story to You – I think I actually met Andy through Tokyo Bling. Andy has a beautiful and warm heart, and he is so open when sharing it with you. There is a sense of home, a sense of family when I read his blog. It may be because he shares so much of his family life or maybe because he posts consistently so you feel like a friend that will always be there for you.
- Life of Materials – Fair warning it is in French, but that’s what Google Translator’s for. I just open it up in Google Chrome and the interweb does the rest for me (teehee interweb). Audrey posts on pretty items that she has accumulated, and what is not to love about that?
- Cocktail Katy – Katy is actually Tipsy Lucy’s sister, so I met this fun gal through Lucy.
- You Fancy Me Mad – B actually moved her site, wow, everyone is getting their own domain. Well, B is a fellow TV lover, I like a good TV program, not reality TV so much, but scripted well written and well acted programs.
- Nobody Land – This blog is pretty new to me, but I find Koopa’s choice of topics interesting. It’s a personal blog, but there is something that a person who is a relative stranger can take away. That’s always a good thing.
- Clutchez – I wonder if it’s a girl thing, that we just love our stuff and to see other stuff of other gals. Kelli Nicole ended up doing something that I was originally intending to do, which was post about my toys. But then I got caught up in other random things. But I still love to pop my head in and see her wonderful things.
- Beauty Reflections– This is actually more of a stalking type relationship at this point. I’ve visited the site a few times without commenting. It’s the sort of thing where you want to say something, but you really don’t know what, so then you kind of just slink away to come back another day hoping to maybe have something useful to say….
While I was composing this list I started to realize that there are a lot of blogs I wanted to put up there, but then that would have taken me a week. As it stands I’ve been trying to finish this post on and off for a couple of days now. I know, what is wrong with me. Unfortunately I’ve been quite distracted, but distracted with a new wonderful project. I’m hoping to have all things handled so I can post regularly and take care of this project, all the time looking for the next project. Sometimes that’s how things pan out. I am going to try posting shorter posts, but the next topic is sort of long. Maybe I should break it down….ah well that’s another post entirely.
If you are not on the list, I assure you it’s an oversight, and I apologize. I leave you my dear beautiful friends with the following moment in time.
Thanks for the wings!!!